Monday, January 30, 2012

Cat Coaster

My husband got a sewing machine recently (why, I don't know). But it was sitting at our study room for like a month before we actually took it out for a trial run! Above is a close up of the sewing machine, and after a few trial run, that was the first cat coaster I made using a machine! It is sooo fast! However, the quality was not as nice as hand sewed cause it was harder to control the machine, and also, there is a mass production feel to it when you see such perfect straight lines.....

Anyway it was fast! And I decided to complete my cat coaster collection. The below is the prep work of the full set of 6 cats all together. It was a patch I meant to do since last year, and I've actually completed two last year. But it was so time consuming to make them by hand. (it takes around 2 hours per coaster). But with the machine, it was faster, and I managed to finish 5 in maybe 3 hours? I didn't managed the 6th as I ran out of laces :(
 
And here are the end product of the five, with the bright red one being my favorite as it look so cheery! Aren't they cute? I feel happy just looking at them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments