Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ubud Trip 2011

Ever read the book Eat, Pray Love? Hate it. It was such a hype in Oprah's show, but when I read it, I actually skipped quite a bit of it. But the book wasn't the reason I went to Bali for my 2011 trip. Nope. I had two weeks off, and I wanted to go to a place that was quiet, and cheap, where I can do absolutely nothing but stare into the sky all day. And the book introduced me to this place call Ubud.....

And so, that was where I stayed, from 23-October till 5-November, a total of 14 days in Ubud!

Usually I start my trip blogging with an overview of how I plan my trip. But this trip was special. I only bought the ticket, and book my accommodation. And I planned it during their rainy season. I wanted to do nothing. And that was more or less what I did. But don't worry, it wasn't dull one bit! Heck, I even have pictures to share!

The trip was initially planned as a solo trip cause I always wanted to experience traveling alone. I have been traveling on my own since young, to state game trips, commuting between Penang and Singapore while I was studying,  visiting friends solo in Kuala Lumpur, exchange program in Japan, but I've never traveled alone to a place I know no one before, and I was kinda scared, kinda excited about it. But in the end, my husband tagged along, and stayed a week with me. I stayed the remaining last week on my own.

Oh, by the one, for those of you who don't know, Ubud is a village in the island of Bali, Indonesia. I could have said I spend 2 weeks in Bali, but that would be inaccurate, cause the only thing I actually saw about Bali was the airport, and Jimbaran which I was forced to go.

Anyway, here's where I stayed. More in the coming entry.
Ref:
Eat, Pray Love
Ubud
Jimbaran
Bali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments