Thursday, January 14, 2016

Relaxing in Penang June 2015

2015 was quite a stressful year for me. The first half of it was spend in a job I hated. It started in 2014 when I was seconded to another department to run projects. As much as I love implementing projects, I did not enjoy managing one. Although it did gave me a lot of time running around outside of the office visiting clients, hence providing me opportunity to attend my fave yoga teacher's lesson more often, it was still stressful, and I hated it. So in May 2015, I quit my job, and traveled to three places: Melbourne to visit my husband's cousin prior to officially quiting but already knowing I'll be more or less leaving, Penang to visit my parents before I start my new job with no leave for 6 months during probation, and my annual cruise on the Quantum which I should really start blogging about (I have a backlog of 4 years of cruise adventure that  I have yet to document here!)

Anyway, it was good to be back in Penang in June 2015. And this trip was slightly different. We didn't head to  my parents place as usual. Instead, we went to spend a night at my cousin's place in Balik Pulau. The above photos is a photo taken on our drive to see the sunset at Pulau Betong. It's a sleepy town, with sleepy cows. It felt relaxing watching them on the road somehow.

My cousin's wife took us to this seafood restaurant for dinner. I've visited it before in my previous trip to buy seafood, but not to eat there. This was my first time here. It was a nice setting for dinner, with the fishing boat just parked nearby. It is non-air conditioned, and quite laid back. But the food was good, and it was unique.  It was nice catching up with relatives once in a while.
  
After dinner, we took a drive to see the sun set off Pulau Betong, that's the island out there. My aunt's husband who passed away about 5 years ago on  29th October 2010 had his ashes sowed at the waters here. It is a beautiful place to rest for eternity. 

We also visited a Durian Plantation the next day, but I thought I'll leave that for another post.
Whenever we're back, we usually stay a night or two in a hotel to relax. Usually we stayed at Flamingo as I have a special interest for this hotel to stay in business. And I love the fact that its balcony over looks the bay of Tanjung Bungah. This is my home, and it is always beautiful to me. I guess one day I'll return to live the remaining of  my days here. But for now, I seek sanctuary here, as I geared myself up to start a new chapter of my life in a very different company....

Ref:
Balik Pulau
Pulau Betong 
Jia Siang Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments