Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Handmade MacBook Air Cover



23-January-2016, before I head home from Taipei, I had one location on my list of to-do, and that was to visit Yong-Le Fabric Market. I remember it was going to be a tough call cause the place was hard to get to, and I didn't have much time as I wanted to do some sight seeing before heading to the market. It was also raining quite heavily that day, and I almost wanted to give up after walking for 15minutes after the train station, not knowing whether I was headed for the right direction or not. But luckily I didn't give up and finally made it there. And I was rewarded with Japanese Character Fabric! See above of Cinnamon-Chan! It's so cute!!! 



I knew exactly what I wanted to make out of it, a cover for my new MacBook Air. I wanted something fun and colourful and initially thought of making a Hello Kitty cover, but when I saw these comic strip Cinnamon-chan fabric, I just had to buy it! It's too cute! So above is the picture of the making of the cover.


As always, the inside is made of another special cloth. I made this one shinny and stylish.


This is the end product, and it fits my MacBook just nicely with some to spare (cause I sucks at measurements....). And the wonderful thing about this is, I bring my MacBook with me every time I go on a business trip, and Cinnamon-Chan really cheers me up every time I look at it.

I also got 2 types of Hello Kitty fabric which I have not made into anything yet. In total, I spend about SGD50 in the market. It was only one particular store by an old lady that sold all the Japanese character fabric. I spend so much at her store she gave me her name card and ask me to  call her to check when the next stock is coming in. I don't mind visiting it again next I'm in Taipei. But the market closes on Sunday, and Saturday is usually my mad rush to sight see and catch the taxi to the airport. Hope to visit again soon!

Ref:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments