Sunday, September 4, 2016

Summary of 2016 So Far.....

I haven't got the time to blog much these days. In case you don't know it yet, I'm currently working for a Japanese company, and for some reason, I find myself working around 15 hours a day at times willingly.....

But life has not been all about work even though sometimes it feels like it. I was going through my Facebook photo album today, and I must say, it has been an eventful year! And I know I would need more time to post everything in an individual post, but I thought I would make a summary of it tonight, so that just in case I never got around to it, at least the highlight of it somehow made it to 'print' here.

So to sum it all up, I'll start from January 2016.  I'll try to link up all the detailed post when I get around to putting them up....
(Warning, this post will feature photos of me cause I'm no longer shy about posting my photos on my blog anymore :P )

1. January 2016 staycation at the Marriott Hotel Singapore.


It was my 2nd staycation in Singapore, the first being the miserable 10th year wedding anniversary at Bay Hotel opposite Vivo City. It was expensive, and my husband had to work on our anniversary day! But anyway, this year we spend it at Marriott via a vacation club promotion. It cost less than SGD400 for 2 night stay, and I negotiated with breakfast thrown in for both days. They were suppose to give us a cake as well, but they conveniently forgot about it. I didn't push for it as I already got free breakfast. And trust me, their breakfast was awesome and cost around SGD80+ for two person.  The highlight of the stay? Christmas lighting at Orchard road, shopping, and eating!

2. January 2016 River Safari Birthday Celebration


I spend my birthday at the River Safari looking at pandas. If you don't know yet, birthday girl or boy gets free entrance on your birthday! This was like the 2nd of 3rd time I spend it in the zoo. I love it cause it was weekday and not crowded. The lake was beautiful, the pandas cute, and there was a cafe inside where we had panda bao! And I got a red panda hair band which I totally love!

3. January 2016  Taipei Business Trip


I spend a week in Taipei just before Chinese New Year.  I already posted on my hike to Elephant  Mountain. My colleague took me to a LINE shop on my last day of work, and this is a photo of me after work with Brown. I also visit a nice traditional garden, and bought lots of Japan printed fabric home for my craft making! I love going to Taipei for work!

4. February 2016 Penang Chinese New Year


Went back for a brief Chinese New Year visit. Friend took me out to some of the popular cafes in town, and we visited China House and some other cool places. We also ran around the Thai temple.

5. February 2016 Mumbai Business Trip


I spend Valentine Day in Mumbai with 3 of my Indian colleagues. It was my first trip to India, and they took very good care of me. I broke all the rules in India:

  • Drank ice milk coffee the moment I reached the hotel. It was super nice!
  • Eat street food on my first day and drink local masala tea on my first day. Everything was awesome and cheap!
  • Went out late at night and walk home. Yes, dinner was usually 9pm+, and we sometime just walk back to our hotel, sometimes as late as 11pm. 


6. June 2016 Wakayama Trip


This was my favourite trip to Japan! I went to the outskirt of Japan to test out my Japanese. The reason I wanted to do this post was also to post this one particular photo that I can't just get it out of my mind. This photo sums up everything about the trip: relaxing, calm, and at peace. My trip itinerary:

  • Wakayama Stop-over
  • Koyasan
  • Yunomine Onsen
  • Kumano Kodo
  • Nachi Taki
  • Urashima


7. June and July 2016 Gurgaon Business Trip

Now a season traveler to India, I finally got my business Visa in July and went there to visit my vendors there. And the trip in July was extra memorable cause I extended it after work and had my first actual tour around the golden triangle of India.

8. July 2016 Kusu Island Trip


My first trip to Kusu and St John Island after living in Singapore for 17 years! St. John Island was awesome! The beach and water was so beautiful! Its a pity the first ferry out is like 9am (so late!) I would have loved to go there to watch the sunrise! Definitely the best beach in Singapore!

9. August 2016 Delhi-Agra-Jaipur Trip



After pondering a great bit, I decided to take a chance and book a tour to see the sights of India. I knew that I was putting my safety at risk, but I also knew I would regret it for life if I don't take this trip. So, no regrets! Although I haven't had Indian curry since I got back (I was sick the last two days of the trip as I threw up after eating some contaminated trip), I totally did not regret taking this amazing road trip! My husband also joint me for the trip, and it was rather affordable, at SGD900 for 4 days 3 night (inclusive of 5* hotel accommodation, guide, and personally car with driver).

It is now September. I wonder what the remaining year will hold for me. I know I am going back Penang next week to attend my niece's wedding. And I hope I can go to Taipei, Vietnam and maybe Seoul for upcoming business trip. I also plan to go back to Japan maybe one or two more times before the year ends (if my boss approve my leave....). So yeah, life has been rather fulfilling so far! Cordy wants a meaningful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments